Created in 1986, the Initiative Foundation is your community foundation to serve the unique needs of Central Minnesota.
Through leadership programs, grants and business investments powered by local generosity, the Initiative Foundation helps people create the best future for Central Minnesota by ...
- Providing loans to businesses that create quality jobs.
- Awarding grants to nonprofits, governments and schools.
- Building public-private partnerships that lead to action.
- Helping generous people give back to their communities.
- Publishing information on local trends and solutions.
Past Annual Reports
The Initiative Foundation serves the following communities and counties: Benton; Cass; Chisago; Crow Wing; Isanti; Kanabec; Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe; Mille Lacs; Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe; Morrison; Pine; Sherburne; Stearns; Todd; Wadena; and Wright. Learn more ...