Created in 1986, the Initiative Foundation is your community foundation to serve the unique needs of Central Minnesota.
Through leadership programs, grants and business investments powered by local generosity, the Initiative Foundation is guided by its mission and annual priorities to help people create the best future for Central Minnesota by ...
- Providing loans to businesses that create quality jobs.
- Awarding grants to nonprofits, governments and schools.
- Building public-private partnerships that lead to action.
- Helping generous people give back to their communities.
- Publishing information on local trends and solutions.
Past Annual Reports
The Initiative Foundation supports a 14-county service area that includes Benton, Cass, Chisago, Crow Wing, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Pine, Sherburne, Stearns, Todd, Wadena and Wright counties and the sovereign tribal nations of the Leech Lake and Mille Lacs Bands of Ojibwe. Learn more ...