Inclusion & Accessibility
The Initiative Foundation is committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for our friends and partners—including in the digital space.
In keeping with that commitment, we’ve taken steps to make the Initiative Foundation website accessible and compliant with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1), Americans with Disability Act website requirements and guidelines and s508 compliance.
As noted by ADA.gov, “poorly designed websites can create unnecessary barriers for people with disabilities, just as poorly designed buildings prevent some people with disabilities from entering. Access problems often occur because website designers mistakenly assume that everyone sees and accesses a webpage in the same way.”
Our website includes features that enable users to adjust the design and user interface of the website to provide accessibility and accommodations for a variety of needs. To see our accessibility application in action, click on the red accessibility icon on top-right corner of every ifound.org page.
Depending on the setting you select, the application offers:
- Screen-reader optimization for blind users.
- Keyboard navigation optimization for the motor impaired.
- A stop to all flashing animations that may contribute to seizures.
- Highlight bar that limits onscreen distractions for those with ADD/ADHD (and other learning styles were limited visual clutter is helpful.)
- User interface and design adjustments for the visually impaired, including the ability to change font size and color settings.