you believe in a good business and a good job, then do we have a good deal for you.
An economy thrives when it has a skilled workforce
and locally owned businesses that provide quality jobs.
The Initiative Foundation’s combination of targeted business financing and consulting services helps to leverage private investment and create living-wage employment in the region.
From 2017-2019, the Initiative Foundation's goals are to ...
- Create 300 quality jobs
- Retain 600 quality jobs
- Issue $6 million in new loans, resulting in $36 million in funds leveraged
- Increase workforce skills for 900 people
- Increse skills and knowledge for 300 emerging entrepreneurs
- Help create 50 new business and social enterprise ventures
- Issue $3 million in new loans to startup businesses and social enterprise ventures
The Initiative Foundation accomplishes results through a range of partnerships with fellow CDFI organizations* and through the following activities and programs:
* Community Development Financial Institutions, or CDFIs, are certified by the U.S. Department of the Treasury. The designation signifies that an organization meets stringent federal requirements as a financing entity with a mission to help people in underserved communities join the economic mainstream.