An Agency Fund is established by a local nonprofit organization to serve as the endowment fund that supports its future operations. The Initiative Foundation holds and invests the endowment assets, providing responsible and professional fund management. Distributions from the fund are granted back to the agency to be used at the discretion of its governing board.
Agency Funds at the Initiative Foundation
As a nonprofit organization, the Initiative Foundation understands the importance of local partnerships. A partnership with the Initiative Foundation is more than just financial investment management; it's about strengthening nonprofit organizations. This partnership helps agencies become more successful in accomplishing their missions by enhancing their capacity, partnering in education and training and increasing their impact on citizens in the community.
The Initiative Foundation is committed to maintaining the highest standards and providing easy access to information about your fund. This includes investment management by our experienced Investment Committee and detailed investment reports.
Advantages of establishing an Agency Fund
- Enables board members and volunteers to focus on the agency mission and endowment building while the Initiative Foundation handles endowment investments.
- Promotes donor confidence by ensuring permanent assets are segregated in an endowment overseen by a professional investment manager.
- Builds assets to ensure a stable future by selecting from multiple investment options.
- The ability to combine funds into professionally managed portfolios allows greater diversification of investments and access to investment vehicles that would not be possible for individual funds.
- Adds visibility to your fund as part of the Initiative Foundation family, which can help in marketing and fundraising.
Who manages the fund?
Agency assets are invested in the Initiative Foundation's portfolios and are managed by the Initiative Foundation's Investment Committee.
The Initiative Foundation provides professional fund management and investment expertise.
Who can give to an Agency Fund?
The minimum contribution to start an Agency Fund is $20,000. Once a nonprofit organization creates an Agency Fund, the agency and its donors can contribute to it at any time.
Each fund is charged a fee for administrative and investment services facilitated by the Initiative Foundation. Investment management fees are dependent on the investment portfolio selected. Administrative fees are based on asset size and fund type.