Foundation Awards More Than $500,000 In Grants
June 17, 2014
The Initiative Foundation is pleased to announce that it has awarded 49 grants totaling $502,895 during the first quarter of 2014 to support local projects.
The following organizations were awarded funding during January, February and March 2014. Follow the "More ..." link to see all of the Foundation's 2014 first quarter grant awards.
- Central Lakes College Foundation - Small Business Development Center: $10,000 to support technical assistance and consulting to new and expanding small businesses including planning, marketing, cash flow management and access to capital.
- City of Cokato - Regional Marketing for Business Retention and Attraction: $3,000 to assist the six communities along Highway 12 to cooperatively market their area. Participating cities include Delano, Montrose, Waverly, Howard Lake, Cokato and Dassel.
- City of Crosslake - Land Use Ordinance Update: $5,000 to review and update zoning ordinances and planning procedures.
- City of Rockford - Local Businesses Consulting Support: $5,000 to support feasibility analysis and design of a new Industrial Park and technical assistance to implement business retention and expansion action steps.
- Council on Foundations - Annual Support: $4,050 for annual support to increase philanthropic effectiveness, stewardship and accountability while providing members with services and support.
- Greater St. Cloud Development Corporation - Regional Economic Development: $7,500 annual commitment renewal for the member-supported organization dedicated to enhancing and expanding Greater St. Cloud Area opportunities.
Turn Key Awards
The Initiative Foundation hosts a variety of Turn Key component funds for families, businesses, nonprofit organizations and volunteer-led groups. The following organizations were among those awarded Turn Key funding during January, February and March 2014. Follow the link for more.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Minnesota - Annual Grant: $1,000 to support general operations.
- Big Fish Lake Association - Operating Support: $2,100 to support the annual operating and program costs of the Big Fish Lake Association.
- CentraCare Health Foundation - Annual Grant: $2,000 to support general operations.
- Central Minnesota Community Foundation - Julie Hanson Fund Annual Grant: $1,000 to support the Julie Hanson Fund.
- Central Minnesota Youth for Christ - Annual Grant: $1,000 to support general operations.
- Cuyuna Lakes Education Foundation - 2014 Grants and Operations: $4,000 to support classroom grants and fund operating expenses.
The Initiative Foundation exists to improve the quality of life and to build stronger communities within its 14-county region of Central Minnesota by offering leadership training, business loans, nonprofit grants and donor services. Since 1986, the Initiative Foundation has invested more than $70 million in the region through targeted grants and business financing investments.