The Initiative Foundation is proud to host a variety of Partner Funds for families, businesses, nonprofit organizations and volunteer-led groups. Our Partner Fund program allows local leaders to champion local causes while we provide the 501(c)(3) public charity infrastructure necessary for donor gifts to receive the highest possible charitable tax deduction. From community foundations to educational funds to special project and field-of-interest funds, the Initiative Foundation and its Partner Funds are working together to ensure strong and vibrant communities throughout Central Minnesota.
We are excited to annouce a partnership with GiveMN to handle all Initiative Foundation online giving.
Learn more on the below webinar recording June 11, 2019.
Click on the fund name to learn more.
Contact Community Philanthropy Manager Kate Bjorge to learn how you can support a Partner Fund.
- Big Birch Lake Endowment Fund
- Big Fish Lake Association Emergency Fund
- Brainerd Public Schools Foundation Early Childhood Fund
- Bridges Manufacturing Scholarship Fund (Regional)
- Central Minnesota CEO Fund (Staples)
- Conservancy Fund of the Rice Lake Association
- Conservancy Fund of Roosevelt and Lawrence Area Lakes Association
- Darling Church Memorial Fund
- Early Childhood Partnership for Isanti County
- Fish Trap Lake Endowment Fund
- Friends of Sherburne Nat’l Wildlife Refuge Fund
- Gull Chain Preservation Endowment Fund
- Horizon Health Partners in Life Fund (Pierz)
- Land and Waters Preservation Trust (Cass & Crow Wing)
- Legacy Fund of Big Fish Lake Association
- Minnesota Pioneer Park Endowment Fund (Annandale)
- Northern Waters Land Trust (Leech Lake Area)
- Onamia Early Childhood Endowment Fund
- Paws + Claws Animal Shelter (Hackensack)
- Sacred Heart-Knights of Columbus Fund (Staples)
- Salem Community Outreach Fund (Deerwood)
- Thrive Fund (Sauk Rapids-Rice)
- Wright County Historical Society Fund
BUSINESS LOAN FUNDS
- Menahga Economic Development Loan Fund
- Princeton Economic Development Loan Fund
- St. Cloud State University Microlending Fund
- Todd-Wadena Economic Development Loan Fund
- Black Oak Getty Community Foundation (BOGCF) (Greater Sauk Centre area)
- Cambridge Area Community Foundation (CACF)
- Delano Area Community Foundation (DACF)
- Eden Valley Area Community Foundation (EVACF)
- Greater Pequot Lakes Community Foundation (GPLCF)
- Greater Pine Area Endowment (GPAE) (Pine City)
- Hackensack Lakes Area Community Fund (HLACF)
- Isle Area Community Foundation (IACF)
- Longville Area Community Foundation Endowment (LACF)
- Morrison County Area Foundation (MCAF)
- Rum River Community Foundation (RRCF) (Milaca Area)
- Staples-Motley Area Community Foundation (SMACF)
- Three Rivers Community Foundation (TRCF) (Elk River Area)
- CWEPA Fund (Crow Wing)
- Lake Region Conservation Club Fund (Pierz Area)
- Scott & Jane Stuart Memorial Park Fund (Longville)
- Tracy & Julius Kurpius Family Fund for the Living Legacy Garden
- Anderson Brothers Family Fund (Brainerd)
- Artesian Homes Charitable Fund (Motley)
- Betty & Larry Nelson Family Fund (Harris)
- Bob & Marsha Bunger Endowment Fund (Milaca)
- Bruce & Diane Gohman Fund (Clearwater)
- Central Minnesota Builders Association Fund & Initiative (Regional)
- Chuck Christian Community Spirit Fund (Elk River)
- Edeburn Family Fund (St. Cloud)
- Evelyn M. Nolte Pinckney Fund (Little Falls)
- Gaalswyk Family Fund (Brainerd)
- Granite Equity Partners Fund (St. Cloud)
- Hanowski Family Fund (Little Falls)
- James A. & Susan J. Kurpius Family Fund (Staples)
- Jim & HK Stuart Memorial Fund (Longville)
- John & Bonnie Schlagel Endowment (Cambridge)
- Josh Richardson Family Fund (Elk River)
- Loren & Kathy Morey Family Fund (Staples)
- Mark Wood Foundation (Little Falls)
- Mel & Jeanette Beaudry Fund (Elk River)
- Patrick & Jane Mitchell Family Fund (Cold Spring)
- Paula and Chad Becker Fund (Browerville)
- Playing it Forward: The Kenneth & Evelyn Pinckney Young Musicians' Fund (Little Falls)
- Shawn Grittner Memorial Fund (Little Falls)
- Albany Area Education Foundation (AAEF)
- Becker Education Foundation (BEF)
- Braham Area Education Foundation (BAEF)
- Cuyuna Lakes Education Foundation (Crosby-Ironton)
- Lake Region Christian School Education Foundation (Brainerd)
- Little Falls Education Foundation
- Patriot Foundation (Pequot Lakes)
- Pillager Education Foundation
- Royalton Education Foundation
- Sauk Rapids-Rice Education Foundation (SRREF)
FIELD OF INTEREST FUNDS
- Cambridge Memorial Hospital Foundation
- Chisago Lakes Initiative Fund
- Early Childhood Fund for Morrison County
- Family Farm Fund (Regional)
- Housing Fund of Greater Mora Area
- Innovative Schools Project (Region 5)
- Manufacturing Fund of Central Minnesota (Regional)
- The Initiators Fund (Regional)
- The Lakes Area Medical Development Association Fund (Brainerd Area)
- Women’s Leadership Fund
- Alternative Sources of Energy Fund (Milaca)
- Archie & Isabelle Powell Scholarship Fund (Elk River)
- Bachman Engelking Scholarship Fund (Mora)
- Bert & Helen LeBlanc Legacy Scholarship Fund (Regional)
- Betty Ford Menzel Scholarship Fund (Crosby-Ironton)
- Beverly M. Pantzke Scholarship Fund (Little Falls)
- Bob & Pauline Johnson Scholarship Fund (Isle)
- Bob Wright Memorial IFPA Scholarship Fund (Regional)
- Cambridge Memorial Hospital Scholarship Fund
- Dorn Family Fund (Delano)
- Fregin Foundation (Little Falls)
- H. Eugene Menzel Scholarship Fund (Aitkin)
- Holdingford Scholarship Fund
- Irene Myres Memorial Endowed Scholarship Fund (Pequot Lakes)
- Little Falls Scholarship Fund
- Madden’s Pine Beach Scholarship Fund (Pillager)
- Pillager Scholarship Fund
- Silver Lining Scholarship Fund (Little Falls)
- Staples Knights of Columbus-Lloyd & Marion Giddings Scholarship Fund
- William & Ethel Nelson-Zimmerman Scholarship Fund (Royalton)
- ZES Scholarship Fund (Zimmerman)
Instructions for claiming your scholarship award
Once you have registered for your first semester, please complete this form in its entirety. Please attach proof of registration such as a confirmation notice from your college.Upon receipt of this completed form and proof of your registration for your first semester, we will begin to process your scholarship payment. The check will then be mailed to your school to be applied to your account. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the payment to be processed. If you still do not see the credit to your account, please contact the financial aid officer at your school or the scholarship coordinator at the Initiative Foundation at (320) 632-9255. You must request payment within 18 months of the date of your award letter or the scholarship becomes null and void. Thank you, and good luck in the pursuit of your education!
We can help you turn good ideas into good work.
For those who wish to simplify giving or fundraising, the Initiative Foundation hosts a full array of charitable funds. Creating a fund is an attractive alternative to starting a family foundation or nonprofit organization, which requires many administrative and legal responsibilities.
Our “Turn Key” approach allows you to enjoy the rewards of giving without these burdens. We provide tax-deductible donation and grants administration, investment management, gift processing, marketing assistance, and consulting services.
The Initiative Foundation hosts a variety of funds in partnership with families, organizations and volunteer groups. Funds can be permanent endowments or liquid cash accounts.
For families and businesses who wish to formalize their giving by recommending charitable grants on their own timetables. Learn more ...
Education and Scholarship Funds
For people who care about quality education from the K-12 years and beyond. These funds can be established as endowed or non-endowed project funds and support programs and activities that cannot generally be carried out in the traditional classroom settings. Learn more ...
For donors who wish to support a specific interest area (e.g., children’s literacy, family farms, water preservation, etc.) by requesting the Initiative Foundation to award related grants on their behalf. Learn more ...
For 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations that wish to develop a permanent funding stream and accept planned gifts from donors.
For communities that wish to unite the philanthropy of donors and develop a permanent fund to support local priorities.
Special Project Funds
Temporary funds for groups who wish to raise money for a specific charitable goal (e.g., construct a building, beautify a park, etc.). Learn more ...